HP Day One Contracts
Customized service plan for past purchasers of HP equipment
Are you prepared if your hardware fails?
Most companies, at some point, will experience a hardware failure that has the potential to devastate business operations. Can your company create a detailed consolidated asset report with each machine’s manufacturer, model and serial number to create a trouble ticket for repair?
HP Day One is a customized service plan that allows you to consolidate, co-term, add or remove support at any time as well as receive credit back for removing hardware off of support. It gives you the flexibility you need to easily keep track and modify of all your support contracts. With just one report, the HP Day One will have all of your hardware and support information included, as well as only one phone number to call with questions or issues.
CSS will assist HP in managing your HP Day One Contract, proactively eliminating any chance your support could lapse. CSS will take care of all registration and also assist on your behalf if any entitlement issues arise.
HP Day One Contracts protect your IT investments
An HP Day One Contract is a customized service agreement that allows clients to consolidate services for a variety of products into one, coterminous contract. The contract allows for different service levels, or response times, for various products, based on the client’s requirements. Hardware or software support may be added during the term of the contract.
- HP Day One service maintenance agreements can cover equipment both in and out of warranty
- Services are typically purchased when a hardware product falls outside of the standard HP Care Pack options (and currently installed Care Pack service requirements, of when the end user prefers to co-term all warranty coverage)
- One contract covers multiple assets: printers, servers, laptops, etc.
- Contracts are written for a one- to five-year term on various service levels
- Service is delivered by HP
- HP Day One Contracts are more flexible than Care Packs; all hardware can be placed on a single contract so that items are co-termed to expire at the same time
- Client can add and delete hardware products from the contract (during the term of the contract) on a pro-rated basis